Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Poetry: Soccer

There's two teams
We're pace-to-pace
Running is our style
Both trying to win this race

There we are
Look at us go
Running this tract
Like a river flow

But then I stumble
No, you tripped me
Falling forward
Now I have a skinned knee

Stop
Game's off the clock
We're all gathered near
Gonna get problems under lock

My coach is back at the bench
All my team mates returned for some gatorade
But you and your team
You swarm me asking about lending some aid

Yeah, there are tears in my eyes
It kind of hurt
A short betrayal that lead me
Sliding into all that dirt

But whatever, man
Let me brush it off
I don't need all this fondling
And don't act like I boff

You ask me
To talk all about it
You poke at me
Hoping to grasp by touching whit

Well, whatever man
I never asked for you to understand
All this constant poking and pricking
Whoever said that I wanted to be scanned?

I tell you I just need time to heal
It's not that big a deal
I don't want to talk about how I feel
Stop trying to get me to squeal

You say you know what's best for me
As you examine the damage
By touching the tender
And clumsily adding bandage

Well that little scrape that started this mess
Is now twice as large
Bleeding everywhere, spreading infection
I want you to discharge

Oh, and now you're getting mad at me
For not accepting your kindness
Yelling 'bout the blood on your jerseys
Like it's my fault and you're blameless

So I yell at my team
I feel like a little recruitment
On my side for my story
Can only add some betterment

You act like it's a betrayal
For me to seek other advice
To find someone to stop ranting
I guess this is the price

But I need a medic
Not someone rubbing salt in
I need time to heal
And patience is wearing thin

My coach is too far away
To hear the complaints of mine
Falling into the wind
I guess I don't have much dyne

But the wind blew my words
Back into your faces
Making you hear distortion
Well, isn't that just aces?

This hurt you caused me
Just to end the game
Started this madness
You think my annoyance is from the same

I'm not upset that I fell into the mud
Seriously, I know how to brush myself off
It's the micro-managing when it's not your deal
That makes me want to quaff

Hit me, fine
That's how the game is played
Acting like you care, getting in my affairs
For that crap I don't get paid

And now you're upset
'Cause you're covered in blood
You see both sides are hurt
But I started the flood

I'm fed up
Of being in this court
The longer I'm here
Increases the issues to sort

Should I forfeit?
'Cause I feel like I lost
You make me feel criminal
I didn't know this was the cost

You wanted an end
Well my team is calling me out
All of your players
Want the same, I've no doubt

I've spoken with your coach
Of that I can guarantee
Bossing people around
Y'all know that she's Queen Bee

But I'm not on your team
Of that I am sure
Making me follow your strategies?
That wouldn't be pure

I try to mention
Because you seem of the reasonable sort
Of the double standards
But you only snort

Blinded
By your own team's defense
I guess you can't see
Their destructive offense

That little scrap that started this mess
Has grown like a monster
The only solution I see?
Self-sacrifice on a virgin's alter

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment