Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Poetry: I am a tree

I am a tree
My leaves and branches
Spread
Cover the world

My roots dig deep
Thorough
Down in the moist earth
Drawing life source
Where the worms lie in sleep

My leaves laugh in the wind
Die in the cold
Mature with the spring
Cry in pain in the heat

Munched on
Stepped on
Pulled out
My leaves know pain
But they still shine brightly
Their green never fades
Drawing from my life source
They see the beauty in the day

I am a tree
Time has made me quite old
No longer a small sprout
Struggling to fight competitors
I am well worn

Look at my scars
See the many battles I've won
The beaver that tried to eat me
The porcupine that tried to choke me
The man that stabbed me
As a way to show love to his fling
The bugs that nestled nests into me
The birds that made me their home

I know what pain is
And I don't care

The beauty of living is wonderful
It fills me up with contentment and joy

The children are happy
They swing on my branches
The birds sing
They nestle in the comfort
The flowers shout with joy
I block them from the harsh beams
The pain that I've endured
Has only caused others happiness

I am old
I know many things
To learn more
One must cast away regret
Pains of the past
Live here now
The sun is shining
The wind is blowing
Is this not a beautiful day?
Accept it as it comes

I am at peace

No comments:

Post a Comment