Sunday, May 8, 2016

Poetry: All I Want is

Maybe I'm living in the past
I want to be pursued in a world
Where men hardly move
From the couch
To get themselves
A new drink.

Maybe I'm living in a dream
I want to be loved
In strong, undeniable action
In a world where
Text messages
And soft meaningless words
Reign
In the mind of all.

Maybe I'm living in a fairytale
To want this
To need this
To desire this
To turn everyone away
Just because
Of this standard.

I believe in living a chaste life
But why does that have to come with
A man too reserved
To ever reach out?

Is there not also harm
In failing to hold someone you love
As there is in getting to close to the flame?
Yes, there's potential burn
But how are you supposed to have a spark
Without the fire dancing
Before your eyes?

Maybe I'm asking too much
Maybe I'm phrasing this wrong
I want a man with a visible struggle
In staying within mine and his values
Because I want to be seen as desirable
A must have
Someone worth the time
The effort.

I don't want to just set boundaries
Stick to them
And GO
I want to set boundaries
And have it be HARD
To keep them
To have to have several conversations
Re-evaluations
Nights of pure crying in frustration
Because we're not sure how to keep
To these boundaries
That we won't forsake.

(But not because we're rabbits
But because we're turtle doves)

That's how I'll know.

That's what I'm waiting for.

I'll be waiting a lifetime since
It's a fairytale
It's a dream
I'm living in a romanticized past.

I've read too many books
I've seen too many movies
I've listened too often
To the songs that flutter my heart.

But

All I want is

Love (v.)

No comments:

Post a Comment