Sunday, May 8, 2016

Poetry: Cold-Hearted

Feeling lost
Alone
Forgotten

Left in a world
Dimmed
Barren

Aching for something
Someone
Hold me

But no.

I get a casual text
A frank, "tell me"

In that, where
Is the passion?

I see no reason
To open up

It's empty

You wanted to see me?
Well, you know where I'd be
So if you truly wanted to
Why weren't you there to meet me?

Don't go on with the
"I thought about it"
Don't tell me your
Story of pity to guilt me

I don't need to hear it
I don't want to read it
I certainly don't have time to listen
To a list of rambling excuses

Show me.

'Cause all I see is a case
Of the cold-hearted.

Don't call me your friend
If you're not going to be there
Don't say you care
When you choose to prioritize me
At the bottom

I don't want to start something
That isn't going to be finished.

So stop it.

I'm tired of listening
You say so much
But without action
It means so little

Don't say you give me a thought
When you know I'm upset

You would have acted if so.
You could have helped out.
You should have been there.

You unfeeling jerk, you.
Cold-hearted

No comments:

Post a Comment