Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Thank You

So I realize that a lot of what I post is pretty negative and insensitive. As a way to clarify, I am a very happy person with a lot of positives in my life. I have a wonderful, supportive family that I don't ever thank enough for their graces. I have amazing people in my life that encourage me to grow and become a better person. I have a very dear friend whom I see most every day who adds sunlight to the darkness that plagues day-to-day life. I am very loved by a whole lot of people.

There's not a person I know who I don't appreciate and I know I don't tell them these things. My life is better because of the people in it. They expand me even though what I write makes it seem like they are restrictions-- they are not. I thank God every day for all of the people I know that have affected me because I wouldn't be where I am without them. They are all precious to me.

Thank you for your time when you're busy
Thank you for your compassion when I'm a jerk
Thank you for your words of encouragement
Thank you for your kind smiles
Thank you for your hugs that are too rough to breathe when receiving one
Thank you for your facial expressions instead of words
Thank you for all of the memories
Thank you for your food
Thank you for your kindnesses
Thank you for your constant questions of reassurance
Thank you for your honesty
Thank you for your love
Thank you for your guidance
Thank you for listening when I'm upset
Thank you for filling my days with laughter
Thank you for being an optimist
Thank you for wasting hours away with me
Thank you for caring
Thank you for being you

It's not a complete list, I know. My gratitude cannot be fully written down because it's not able to be expressed in words. If nothing else, I know that there is a Lord above because of all of the good I've been given and all of the people who make my life better.
So, thank you.

I love you lots.

~Josephine Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment