Sunday, April 10, 2016

Poetry: Alone

I open the door
"Hey honey, I'm home!"
Echoes the empty space
Because she's 400 miles away

While there I whisper
Sweet nothings to the dog
I have no one to say them to me
So someone might as well hear them

I fall asleep while waiting
Then I wait in slumber
But what I desire does not pass
So I wake unsatisfied

Sometimes I settle into the couch and read
Maybe I'll be watching something online
I fall asleep at 11 to wake at 3 still on the couch (no one moved me)
Then I climb down the many stairs, settle into a cold bed, dream of being consoled

I used to love eating meals
A time of connection and joy
Quality grub all round
Replaced with naught but cafeteria cuisine

Every day there's a million little things
And they become one big thing
All it does is remind me
I with the Lord am

Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment