Saturday, April 9, 2016

Poetry: Don't Cry

His hands gripped my arm
Tight
His eyes were wild
Dancing
Do it, they seemed to say
Scream
His hands twisted harder
Burned

The pain was immense
There was no escape
Not for a few hours, anyway
(I can take a few hours)

He is delirious in his sadism
His joy blazed throughout his person

Would the reaction be worse if I acted
In his favor, feeding his lust of pain or
Against his wishes, using silence indifference?

I've been here before
Which did I choose then?
(I can't remember)
It's hard to remember anything
While in pain

He screams for my tears
He screams for cries of pain
He screams for me to beseech him

He wants a reaction
He wants to know that I feel his pain
He wants assurance that he can affect me
(If only he knew)

There is hunger in his eyes
Blood pools on my arm
I guess we're at this point, then

Block it out
Ignore it
Ignore him
What is your arm but flesh?
Treat it as nothing but hair
There are no nerves in hair
Master yourself
Be better than this

Just don't

No comments:

Post a Comment