Monday, April 4, 2016

Poetry: Mea Culpa

Through pain we find release.
When I say "mea culpa",
Strike your self...
Arm, leg, whatever.

I pushed you to the breaking point
Mea culpa

Through mea culpa I told you
What you weren't ready to hear

Mea culpa
Mea culpa
Mea culpa

I was playing a game, mea culpa
And you thought it was real

I knew your pains yet...
Mea culpa

I chose you because I knew your response
Mea culpa

Then I guilted you, mea culpa
For making your choice known

Mea culpa
Mea culpa
Mea culpa

I am troublesome
Mea culpa
I nag
Mea culpa
I badger you on and on without release
Mea culpa
I henpeck
Mea culpa
I carp, I bellyache, I whine

Mea culpa
Mea culpa
Mea culpa

I am a thorn in your side
Mea culpa

I am here as a sadist
Mea culpa

I watch you writhe
Mea culpa

Worm on a string,
Mea culpa
Snail covered in salt,
Mea culpa
Fish out of water,
Mea culpa

I watch the spider approach the moth,
Mea culpa
And I do naught but watch
Mea culpa

Why am I here?
Mea culpa
What reason have I to be in your life?
Mea culpa

You get fed up (reasonable)
You get annoyed (sensible)
You need space (rational)

But I make you feel guilt
Mea culpa

You think it is your fault
Mea culpa
You think that I'm hurting
Mea culpa
You think the reason is stress
Mea culpa

It's me
Mea culpa

Through mea culpa
Through mea culpa
Through mea maxima culpa...

Why blame yourself when it's on me?
Through this pain I make it right.
Broken arm?
Broken leg?
Little matters.

It's my fault and I have failed.

Mea culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment