Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Poetry: Love You

I love you, you know.
I have since the day I met you.
Well, that's not really true.
I've liked you since then.
But I had to know you before I could love you.
I love you, now.

I never told you, seriously.
I was scared of your reaction.
Do you love me too?
I mean romantically.
We've always been close friends so wouldn't it be awkward?
To say, "I love you"?

I've tried to kiss you a few times.
Never quite managed to pull it off.
Always was full of fear.
Full of doubt.
I couldn't stand knowing, either way.

I miss holding your hand, as much as you resented it.
I miss leaning on you, as much as you felt awkward by it.
I miss playing with your hair, as much as you hated it.
I miss talking to you, I know you do too.

Some part of me needs you.
And I hate knowing that.
But a larger part of me wants you.
And I hate that even more.
I hate my dependency upon you and even worse,
I hate not satisfying it.
I love you.
I said it.
I'll say it again.
Listen, this time.
Hear my words.

I need you, hon, darling, sweetie.
I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment