Thursday, August 31, 2017

Poetry: Young Love

I don’t think I remember the day that we met nor the moment that I fell in love with you. But I remember the early days of being in love with you and how much I craved your attention which you so readily gave to me. We would hold long conversations and never get along and it would make my heart spin in excitement knowing that you desired to hear my words, as contrary to yours they may have been. I remember how shy you were to reach out and touch me but how desperately you wished to… and I’ll never forget the nervousness I felt the first time your hand rested upon my thigh all those years ago.
I speak to you now and we’re no longer young nor shy about our embraces. (But we were hardly shy then once we began) Yet, there is a spring time in our romance that most loves our age no longer possess. I abandon reason and my life for your love and I trust it all to you.
I promise you dear this one thing only. As long as you keep on loving me as only you can, I’ll make you the happiest man alive and through this happiness created, the most wealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment