Thursday, August 31, 2017

Poetry: You Think

Do you think you’re being funny when you insult me?
Do you think you’re being funny with that childish behavior that no one appreciates?
Do you think you’re being funny using sexist rhetoric and putting everyone around you down?
Do you think you’re being funny highlighting your superiority complex?
Sarcasm isn’t funny.
Insults aren’t funny.
Generalizations never will be funny.
Inflated egos are pitiful.
I feel you believe that if two people are close that they can rag on each other.
If you were close to me you’d know that I never appreciate that.
Then again, you know very little about me.
Our friendship is a one-way street towards you.
I wonder if you understand the impact you have on others.
It’s gotten to the point that I empathize with your enemies.
The people you leave behind you leave wounded.
Sometimes I question how you’ll leave me and I hope that I leave you.
This is what I think.
What is it that you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment