Thursday, March 17, 2016

Poetry: Pushed

I am being pushed
Hard

Ouch

I stumble
Was that the right direction?
The force was too strong
I couldn't tell
Did I sidewind
When I should have gone straight?

The pushing has stopped

Have I arrived?
Am I where I need to be?
Or have I drifted that far off course?

I am lost

Push

Where did that come from?
Which direction was that supposed to take me?

My series of questions and doubts and fears and concerns
Answered

But my senses are not acute

I know I am being pulled
Pushed
Thrown
Hassled

One way is better
Which way do I go?

How many times have I messed up?
I keep going sideways
Am I supposed to?

How many times has he corrected for my mess?

PUSH

I fall

Great

Now what?
Do I stay here?

Am I really this dense?

Black and white isn't plain enough

I'm frustrated
Like a dyslexic learning to read
It's supposed to make sense
It's supposed to useful
It's supposed to a guide

But it's not

Maybe I'm meant to be lost

Push...

No comments:

Post a Comment