Saturday, March 26, 2016

Poetry: Barren

The world is dim
The sun shines bright
The birds sing
The children laugh
But the world is dim

Is it my eyes?
Can I not see?

I know my heart feels hollow
It has been chiseled out
I want to cry
I can't

I know my head feels dizzy
It pounds, a drum signaling war
I want to faint
I can't

I know my life is empty
I wake to see no one
I want to interact
I can't

I know my love is futile
It lands on secured hearts
I want to open them
I can't

The world is dim
And I, naught but a speck
A single speck of dust
Drifting through the wind
Purposeless
Directionless
Lifeless
Useless

To realize yourself...
Is this a good thing?
I'm so confused

Sorrow burdens my heart, my head

I feel weak
I need to lay down
This much gloom...
Should it be possible for a single person to bear?

The world is dim
My womb barren
Perhaps it is a symbol...
The life I lead

Perhaps it's my eyes

My barren eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment