Saturday, January 14, 2017

Poetry: Lonely

I wake up groggy, wishing you were here.
Pretending what it'd be like to wake in your arms.
I get ready for the day, feeling the tiredness fall off in action.
Every motion I take reminds me of how you held me then.
A tilt of my head, a caress of my hand.
There I am again, being held in your arms.
Loving the way you loved me.
Snap back to reality.
Move on from fantasy.

If I never knew, I wouldn't be so sad.
I miss you.
Your touch, your smile, your smell.
Your laugh, your furrowed brow, your simplicity.
The way that the love on your face could melt away my fear.
I could leave all my stress to you, looking at you.
Now I'm stuck with memory and it saddens me.
I don't want to think of halcyon days.
Hold me and never let me go.
I know you.
You can be my fairy tale.

Life separates us.
I don't want it to.
I fear how long it will.
I don't want to lose you.
I feel like I have already.
I'm tired of crying because I'm alone.

Honey

I don't want to be lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment