Sunday, August 21, 2016

Poetry: My Pain

I wake with a startle
What was the dream about?
Doesn't matter as reality
Sets in to play

The muscles ache
The bones are sore
The skin is stiff
The immobility of pain

Little shards of hurt
Course through the blood
Streaming down my limbs
Enveloping the body

I lay in silence
Unsure of what to do
When everything hurts
Who do you turn to?

Patiently waiting
Staring at the sky
Hoping to gain the courage
To rise

Eventually I get up
It takes far too long
Feeling like I'll collapse at any second
This is how I move along

Zombified I walk
I grit my teeth and move
It looks like I'm participating regularly
No one knows how it hurts to breathe

The more I move
The less I feel
Pushing the pain back
Refusing to yield

Don't let me pause
Don't give me a break
The second I do
Reverses the progress made

Days like this suck
Thank goodness they're not every
I just want to be fixed of this tension
That robs my mobility

No comments:

Post a Comment