Monday, December 4, 2017

Poetry: Not Thinking About Tomorrow

Am I the only one who finds memories to be painful?
I reflect and it always causes sadness.
There were happy moments in my life but
When I remember them, my reflection taints them just a little bit.
Saddens them just a little bit.
I don't like thinking about my past.

The present is my focus,
Just get through today.
It doesn't matter what the pains of yesterday are.
Yesterday was so long ago
And I don't want to feel sad.
Don't make me remember.

If you go far enough East, you find yourself West.
In mathematics, we say that there is only one infinity.
There is no distinction between negative and positive.
Two sides of one coin are still just a single coin.

The days of tomorrow are just future yesterdays.
And I can't handle yesterday.
Hold me, get me through today until all the tomorrows pass into yesterdays
I need a rock of stability
And the hole in me looks a lot like you.
Am I thinking about the consequences?
I'm not thinking about tomorrow.

I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment