Monday, October 30, 2017

Poetry: Desires

I desire peace.
I desire understanding.
I desire straight forward communication.
But we don’t always get what we desire.
There are many factors at play and any misstep?
Leads to worse consequences than no step.
That’s what I believe, anyway.
So, here I am, unmoving.
I like watching chess.
I can see the expressions in the eyes of the players,
the shake in the fingers as complex plans are executed.
It’s a dance, a battle.
A movement creates a reaction.
Reactions tumble.
I desire this. To see it.
I like knowing how to move.
Make me player two.
Let me be the reeds across the water.
I can move with the breeze.
Any movement is fine, I bend.
Hot or chill?
Heck, it can even be shrill.
I want it to move me.
Show me what to do.
But I see the deer.
My contemplations come to an end.
Far across the field and it’s staring at the sun.
Do I raise my gun or walk?
I cannot tell if she’s gravid from such a distance.
I raise my gun to the sun and stand there
Blinding myself.
I don’t know how to make the choice.
I wish
I wish I knew what to do.
That’s what I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment