Thursday, March 23, 2017

Poetry: Me and You

I don’t pity you. I can’t and I won’t.
The situation you find yourself in you lead yourself to.
Don’t go blaming others for the choices you made.
It was you who chose to follow the desires of them.
Your words and your actions do not align.
So I call you a liar: to yourself and to me.
And I say that your actions reflect a lack of dignity.
Then I’ll stand here and wait for your action.
If you desire something more than this, it’s in your hands.
Since this was broken by your prerogative it’s not my place.
Refusal burns in me to repair your mess.
Prove to me that this is worth it to you.
For I don’t do halfway.
Honestly, I know more than you.
But this decision is yours.
Our fate is up to you.
And I won’t pretend the past is gone.
That was an active choice made by you.
Here I am, saying how it is.
Don’t go blaming me for reality.
Bitter words won’t change the fates.
Stop wishing to change the past.
Sometimes I wonder why I befriended you.
Many promises have gone unfulfilled.
There has been a lot of strife.
In our interactions there hasn’t been much depth.
Suppose we are strangers who occasionally interact.
A day in the life of me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment