Tuesday, January 23, 2018

How I See

I don’t understand why people question my desire to wed the man I love. It’s not that I can’t take criticism– the lack of understanding my situation confounds me. I see every person I’ve ever met in terms of how they relate to my family. You have my brother’s wit but my cousin’s sense of fashion, you remind me of my great aunt… everyone except him. For he is the half of my family that was missing. His mother is the motherly figure portion that I was lacking with just my own. His father and grandparents and cousins I accept as my own. And his siblings complement my own. His person is my complement. I have found someone I cannot compare to my family for he is meant to be family. Of course it goes deeper than that. Of course I have over a million reasons why I love, need, and depend on him.
But when my side of my family is autistic like me, how do they not see how I see?

No comments:

Post a Comment