Sunday, October 2, 2016

Poetry: At my Most Vulnerable

Here I am
Drowning in work
The stress over it all
Looming overheard
Here I am
On a path all to myself
Walking along unguided
Here I am
Trying to navigate these waters

When there is no one to turn to
But a chorus of people yelling support
When there is only darkness
And people keep proclaiming of light
When everyone is busy
Who can you bother, Ms Annoying?

The efforts of the past
To build your own community
Failed
The friends of good times old
Leave you behind
Forgotten
The promises of many
Under the sands of time
Erased

When every time before
No matter the worst things got
You at least had your blood
But now the rain comes crashing
And even that has slept under the rock
So you stand alone, barren

Putting on a mask of a face
Hiding away your soul
Pieces gone away forever
For they weren't made for a box
Excusing the state because
There's no structure left

All the trees were chopped down
Uprooted too
The buildings crumpled
Rubble remains
Not a soul left
For many miles

So I walk alone
The winds tear at my flesh
Taunting me with names
The rain beats down
Erasing the time

I'm tired
Stressed
Lonely
Fed up

All these feelings
Bottled inside
No release because...
There's no one there
Nothing to take the pressure away

When a sociable creature is isolated
Left for dead
Remains alone too long
They will all go mad
It's not that I'm needy
My sanity requires this

So I say yes when
The answer should be no
And I stay when asked
Because I can't play
Hard to get games
And my coyness makes
My definite answers seem not
And my simpering temperament
Makes all men bold

Nothing wrong happened
And you certainly had fun
I guess I enjoyed parts too
But
This is me
In a state of weakness

You could say I fear the next horizon
You could say I am not ready for this
You could say I have much uncertainty
In fact, you could say almost anything

This is me
Here I am
Look me in the eye
(But not like that)
And see
I'm struggling

And with no one to turn to
And with no one to care
And with no one to speak with
Then, I guess
What's to stop me?

Nothing is holding me back any longer
I'm at my most vulnerable
And you're here
Showing you're available and ready

Mr Flirt, Mr Bad News
You could say I need you

No comments:

Post a Comment