Thursday, October 9, 2014

Poetry: Dying

I am dying

Am I afraid?

Once, a long time ago,

I thought I feared death.

Now, as its chariot fast approaches

I see naught but tears.

My mother is shriveled and worn with exhaustion.

My father is silent and cold.

My sister won't even look me in the eye.

And my brother is once again gone.

I was raised around people,

Always surrounded, never alone.

But now, now that I have come to my end,

Who is there to love me now?

When have I ever felt real love?

When have I ever done anything right?

It is my turn to be the one to say goodbye.

But I, I can't.

They say, "Your love's too thick."

They say that I try too hard.

Do I?

Am I really that horrible?

I am alone.

Am I afraid?

My skin feels dry and my tears erode between it.

My throat is gone, my senses are diminished.

Is this the end?

I thought there was a light.

I always wanted to see alight.

Guess I'll see it...

Tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. "My sister won't even look me in the eye." Would I really do that to you? You sound so sad in this post. I recommend have happier poems in this blog, a lot of them seem so sad like this one. You should also visit my blog. http://kvanmaren18pc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, it's not about you.
    The blog is called "tears of sanguis" because it's for poems full of morose and sadness.
    And I do... all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. You sure?

    No you don't.

    ReplyDelete